Why choose Direct Line pet insurance?
天天看片免费高清观看It can be stressful when something happens to your pet. If your pet suddenly becomes ill or injured, an emergency trip to the vet can sometimes cost thousands of pounds. Not everyone has this money to hand.
天天看片免费高清观看Pet insurance from Direct Line can help with any unexpected vet bills. Our pet insurance is designed to give you peace of mind.
24/7 online access to a qualified vet
天天看片免费高清观看Free access to PawSquad, offering live chat and video calls with UK vets who can answer your questions.
- 24/7 advice from a UK qualified vet wherever you are
- Video calls enabling vets to see your pet face-to-face
- Text chat with the option to upload images
天天看片免费高清观看Whether you’re looking to insure your cat or your dog, our range of cover enhancements help you make the right choice.
Claiming online is quick and easy, just fill out our form so we can deal with your vet directly.
Save on your pets medication
Direct Line has partnered with Pet Drugs Online, so you can get more out of your pet insurance.
- Discounted medication so your claim limit can go further, which is especially helpful for ongoing treatments
- Prescription fees covered up to £15
- Discounted pet food, toys and general health products
This offer is not an endorsement by Direct Line of www.petdrugsonline.co.uk and customers should always rely on the advice of their vet with regard to diagnosis, treatment and medicines for their pet.
Save 12.5% if you have more than one pet to insure on the same policy.
天天看片免费高清观看And, if you’re an existing customer, please give us a call on 0345 246 8705 to add on your pets.
天天看片免费高清观看Multi-pet discount is introductory and applies for the first 12 months of the policy.
Compare our pet insurance cover levels
天天看片免费高清观看Our pets are all different. That’s why we have two types of customisable cover.
What policy is right for you?
We recommend you insure your pets for any costs you couldn’t pay yourself.
for an additional cost
for an additional cost
天天看片免费高清观看10% of new customers purchasing single pet policies achieved these prices. Cover is only available providing the policy remains in force.
What other benefits are available?
- Advertising and reward
Up to £1,000 towards advertising if your pet goes missing
- Pet boarding fees
Up to £1,000 if you have to stay in hospital for more than four days
- Death of pet
Get the original purchase price you paid for your pet up to £1,500
- Lost pet
Get the purchase price of your pet up to £1,500 if it’s lost or stolen
- Holiday cancellation
Up to £5,000 for uncovered costs because of your pet’s urgent needs
This covers you if a person suffers an injury or dies, or property is damaged, as a result of an accidental incident involving your pet during a period of insurance. We’ll pay up to £2.5 million towards compensation and costs awarded against you by a court, plus the legal costs and expenses for defending a claim made against you.
天天看片免费高清观看Travel cover for journeys to countries included in the . This includes:
- Quarantine costs - up to £1,500
- Loss of your pet’s passport - up to £250
- Repeat tapeworm treatment
- Emergency expenses abroad - up to £300
Things you need to know
Claims won't be covered when
- Connected with, or a recurrence of, a pre‐existing condition, symptom or event.
- The condition’s time or monetary limit has been reached.
- Relating to any illness or disease arising during the first 14 days of cover.
- Connected to behavioural problems or traits
- The cost of preventative, non‐essential or routine treatment.
- Your pet is being used for, or claims arising from the use of your pet for commercial, guard, breeding, gun dog use, security or working purposes or for racing, unless agreed by us.
天天看片免费高清观看The above is only a summary of some of the exclusions. Please refer to the policy wording for the full policy terms and conditions.
- Any ongoing claims will be covered up to the limit on your current pet insurance plan.
- Your pet is only covered if your policy remains in force. Vet bills for ongoing conditions are only covered if the treatment arises during a period of insurance where the premium has been paid.
- A pre-existing condition is any condition or symptoms, or signs of injury or illness, that happen or exist in any form before the pet was covered by this insurance.
- Before taking out insurance, make sure pre-existing conditions are covered. Remember, once a pet starts having treatment for an ongoing condition it will be classified as a pre‐existing condition if you take out a new policy or change insurer.
Download pet insurance policy documents
What affects your pet insurance quote?
- Age. The older your pet gets, the more expensive your cover is likely to be. This is because your pet is more prone to chronic medical conditions in its later years.
- Rising vet fees. Fees are increasing throughout the UK because vets can now provide more advanced treatments.
- Breed. Some breeds are more expensive to insure as they’re more susceptible to certain medical conditions.
- IPT. If Insurance Premium Tax either increases or decreases, insurance premiums are impacted.
Need more help?
If you'd rather talk to us, just give us a call. We can help you choose the right kind of cover.
- Mon - Fri 8am - 7pm
- Sat 9am - 5pm
- Sun Closed
Frequently asked questions
天天看片免费高清观看Although we don't provide a 'lifetime' policy, our Advanced policy will cover each separate illness or injury up to £8,000. There's no time limit on how long we will cover the condition for as long as your policy remains in force with us. In 2018 less than 3% of closed claims reached the £8,000 limit.
It means any condition or symptoms or signs of injury, illness or disease which occurred or existed in any form, prior to taking out a policy with us.
天天看片免费高清观看Should any illness or disease occur during the first 14 days of taking out a policy, this would also be classed as pre-existing and therefore not covered.
天天看片免费高清观看Once a pet starts having treatment for a medical condition under a policy it becomes a pre-existing condition. Any ongoing claims would be covered up to the limit as described in your policy, but if you take out a new policy or change insurer in the future you should check whether cover for pre-existing conditions is provided.
If you were unaware of your pet's condition when you took out your policy, then hereditary and congenital conditions are covered.
天天看片免费高清观看As with any illness or disease, your pet must not be exhibiting any signs or symptoms of the condition prior to or within 14 days of the cover starting.
When you get in touch, one of our Claims Advisors will let you know approximately how long your claim will take to process. As long as we have all the information required, and you claim within the terms of the policy, we will settle a claim as quickly as possible.
PawSquad is a 24/7 vet advice line exclusively available for Direct Line Pet customers. Independent practicing vets are available to discuss any problem, anytime, either through online chat or video chat.